Thursday, March 27, 2008

More clean and cozy places

The flu has hit this address - some worse than others at this point.  But, I am preparing for the worst, thankful that the calendar is pretty much empty.  If I'm going to lay in bed, I am thankful to have it when things are not busy.  Today I made sure that things would also be tidied and clean smelling if such a thing occured.  I know these delights rarely last long in this household; kitchens and bathrooms get dirty, boys track in mud, dogs bring in their wet dog smell... but it is delightful for the moment.  If I do convalesce in my bed any time soon, I'll just tell myself that it all still looks so lovely out there, smelling of lemon verbena and lilacs.

A beat up old window frame given new life
with a few pretties and, of all things, a potted
lilac bush that you can almost watch grow.


Is this a lamp with my favorite red lamp
shade, or the leaning tower of Pisa?



This is my most favorite lamp find yet, and it
pretties up and gives life to an otherwise very
dull and somewhat ugly space - television, stereo,
CD's, DVD's... it all really needed this lovely lamp.



1 comment:

Michal said...

mmm, I love a clean-smelling and pretty house, especially when it's ours :-) So pretty and peaceful :)
I love you, Mamasita!