
It was an amazing time of reunion and reconnecting as we saw old friends; folks we haven't seen for years. Life has changed for many of us, so as we all returned to bless Dave and worship together, we represented eight states! The biggest thrill, I think, was to see how God had been working in each persons life - persistently, constantly, lovingly, faithfully. The spirit of Christ shown so brightly in some. It made the fellowship even sweeter, and I didn't want the day to end! God has been so faithful and so good through various trials and hardships. The stories are endless. But though the tests and trials vary from person to person, the faithfulness of God is unchanging, and it's thrilling, humbling, exciting to see all the ways that God shows that faithfulness. I met so many people I "know", yet they were all so changed. More grown up in Christ than aged really. Such beautiful, beautiful people.
Did they see a woman of noble character in me at all I wonder? Or is that just something I wish for every day, and never really work at? I do know the deceitfulness of my heart, my selfish desires, how unholy my thoughts can be. God help me to reflect your faithfulness, and to be willing to move and change, leave, say goodbye, let go, grow, hurt... for the sake of your name, and the delight of those who love you. For your glory Lord. Let us walk in obedience. Hallelujah.

2 comments:
Beautiful. :-) It was a wonderful service and wonderful to see people I knew too, who seemed to be thriving in God's call for their lives.
I see a woman of noble character :) I know how you've prayed and grown. You are a beautiful person, and I love you.
Beautiful. :-) It was a wonderful service and wonderful to see people I knew too, who seemed to be thriving in God's call for their lives.
I see a woman of noble character :) I know how you've prayed and grown. You are a beautiful person, and I love you.
Post a Comment