I've known and loved this beautiful song for a long time. My dear older sister introduced me to Shane and Shane years ago in a different season in both of our lives. Ironically, she ministered to me in that time; those intimately aquainted with my visit over her 40th birthday will understand a bit of what I mean. Such a wise and beautiful woman.
Today, my heart is not heavy, my sorrows not deep, the road not dark. Praise God. It's been just a bit of a stressful week is all: another goodbye with Michal, struggling to keep the younger kids in the groove with school, 3+ days of dealing with the stomach flu while my beloved was down with a terrible cold. So, while none of these were especially part of life's great sorrows, I'd have to confess that I was not particularly cheerful when I left to get Daniel from school yesterday. In the car was pretty much the last place I wanted to be. But then... what a blessing. The sun was shining so beautifully. The temperature was in the 40's. The river was shiny, the mountain majestic. And again I thought of this song. Thank goodness I had my iPod and Shane and Shane with me!
The message of this song does not grow old. It both raises my heart to sing, encourages, and exhorts. It causes me to look at my life, and to lay it down.
May it encourage you today.
Beauty for Ashes
by Shane and Shane
Beauty for ashes
A garment of praise for my heaviness
Beauty for ashes
Take this heart of stone and make it yours
I delight myself in the richest of fare,
Trading all that I have, for all that is better
A garment of praise, for my heaviness
You are the greatest taste
You're the richest of fare
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, Shane. I do love that song so much- they're ALWAYS an encouragement to me! It sounds like you had the perfect drive to listen to it, too :) I love you!
Thank you for this post. What a blessing and reminder. I haven't listened to that song for awhile...I think it's time I did!
Your [wise and beautiful] words and voice have ministered to me this evening. I appreciate you taking time to share here. I know you're so busy...
Love always,
M.
I too find so much encouragement with Shane and Shane. I rejoice with you that you can be past that very hard walk and be in a better place. I am thankful that you have those lessons to share with us and spur us on. Thank you sister.
I love you.
Post a Comment