Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Count it all joy



This is the day the Lord has made... I WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it! That was the heart that my day started with. It even continued that way for a while. Sweet Michal and I headed out the door early for a workout after leaving a note of instructions for the boys, admonishing them to be joyful in the day as well. Once showered and home, it seemed all down hill from there for the rest of the day. The boys were still in bed upon my arrival (I do not dare reveal the time; even I am too embarassed for them!), so no school or chores had been started, let alone completed. My dear, precious beloved and I could not seem to see eye to eye on much. Though we were trying to have the same civil conversation with one another, all of my words were pink and all of his were blue, and never the twain shall meet... at least not today. The boys poked their way through half done jobs and very little school. I poked my way through very few tasks as my body began to ache and my stomach began to churn. Now it's early evening and after a few frustrating encounters with the painter, a trip to choose paint colors, my 18 year old son deciding to get his ears pierced today, I'm tempted to feel, well... a LOT sorry for myself. But shame on me. A gal who is now not only my beloved trainer, but a dear friend has taught me so much about endurance, perseverance, pressing on, and having a positive attitude, no matter what - and that's just trying to get me to finish my push-ups!! Ha! (jk) Really though, how much more does this pertain to the day by day, sometimes moment by moment "momentary light afflictions" we face each day? We're tempted to discouragement, we're tempted to groan and complain and whine. Okay, I am. You? Instead, lets "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." I don't see us being perfect and complete, lacking in nothing this side of heaven, but joy seems like a good start, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Emmachka said...

Aah; but it's so HARD to be joyful! I love this photo of you, and I'm sorry for the rough day. I love you!!

Michal said...

I will count it all joy with you, even if I'm not sitting beside you :-) I'm still "walking" beside you, you know, and I am so glad of you. I love you :-) Jesus bless you, mama.

Melissa said...

Joy is a very good start! May Jesus be your joy and strength today, dear sister. Thank you for the encouragement to press on!
Love always,
M.