Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A time for waiting

Waiting is hard.  Does anyone know that? Fortunately for those of us whose hope is in Christ's work on the cross, in God and His word, our hope is not in vain, the way it is for this kitty. No matter how long he waits at the window for a bird to come to the finch feeder, he will never know the sweetness of the catch he's hoping for. There will always be a barrier between him and that which he is hoping for.  Not so for us, Praise God.  Thank God that no matter what our plight or our plea, no matter what we wait or hope for, He is right there with us, interceding for us, comforting us, giving us a hope, inexplicable joy, a purpose, blessing our lives with more than we could ever begin to ask or think.  

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my might rock, my refuge is God.  Trust in Him at all time, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."       Psalm 62:5-8                          


4 comments:

Michal said...

Oh... you quoted my favorite Psalm! How did you know? Isn't it so good? And so true. He is our expectation and our fortress, and in Him we shall not be greatly moved :-)

Melissa said...

Thank you for encouraging us in the Lord, dear sister. How good to remember that our hope is well placed. Yes, God is a refuge for us. Praise Him.
Love always,
M.

Emmachka said...

Oh, what a beautiful post, sister!!
I love you so much, I hope you've had a good day. Dad said you were out shopping when he called you. I'll be ringing the bell on May 23rd, in case you're looking to ring it with me! :)

I miss you and think of you so often...
Love,
Sweetie Barnhart

Karrie Diggs said...

Such profound words from equally profound experience. You are truly waiting and the Lord is the hope; thus these words from you bring with them even more hope to me for I KNOW that God gave you these words and this comfort. I love you so and I love coming to your blog.