Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The tulip fields

     At long last, the prodigal has come home! These long lapses were one thing I was never going to let happen to my blog.  I so admire those who post every single day and they are my favorite bookmarks. Don't you just love going to their sites, taking in the view, soaking up the words?  I know I do.  There are a few like that, that I just adore, and I had so hoped to be that breath of fresh air to someone else out there, myself. However, circumstance has a way of  making some of those decisions for us, and our ideals cannot always be what we'd hoped.
Nevertheless!  Here I am, and it's time to share with you a piece of beauty from a recent lovely adventure.  While it's true it has been snowy, windy, rainy, and generally cold and wet here as of late, it was just 2 weeks ago that the sky was bright and the temps in the mid 70's.  It was then that my sweetie, our doggy, and I, took a short trip into Oregon for a visit to a tulip festival. While it in no way rivaled that of the splendor of the Skagit County festival of our earlier years here in Washington, there is nothing like the sight of a field full of tulips.  The photos give only a glimpse, but do enjoy them.  Next year, go with us!  
 

2 comments:

Michal said...

I bet that was so fun- major must have smelled all the flowers while Dad took pictures of them :-) They're SO pretty!
I love reading your blog, so I'm glad you keep posting :-)

Kat said...

Dearest Auntie~
I am so glad you posted. I love your blog. It is such a beautiful place to go and be refreshed. I know how life doesn't always let you blog as much as you would wish. :) I don't always comment (rotten me), but I do always enjoy reading your posts. Keep doing it when you can!
I am SO looking forward to seeing you and Michal ...so soon! Hoorah. I hope the cold and snow and sleet here let up a bit so we can have spring flowers and green things when you're here. :)