It was a good day to be a dog here in the Pacific Northwest. The sun was shining, and the temperture reached the lower 60's again. There were horses to bark at, cats to antagonize.. what more could a dog want? Some days as a human, it looks like a pretty nice life, don't you think? He doesn't have to worry about a thing, no expectations, no chores; does it get any easier? It seems pretty cushy at a moment's glance, but I think I'll take the advantages of being a human, and the heartaches that go with it, won't you?! To never experience love, or joy, or just the thrill of being alive; to never appreciate a sunset and be able to praise the one who put it there - t'would be such a tragedy. I guess I'll let the resident German Shepherd do his "dogging around", take my chores and responsibilities, along with life's hard knocks, and count my blessings.
Let us not lose our hope, our faith, and most especially, our praise.
Jesus bless you this day.

3 comments:
Amen, Auntie!
What a good way to look forward to the good and the hard things the day brings :) And they are mostly good, aren't they? :-) I love you!
I LOVE this blog, girl. I am so encouraged in the Lord with every post. What a darling picture of sweet doggie. And may I say that the header picture with "a view from here" over it is so, so lovely. Makes me long to be there.
Love always,
Melissa
Post a Comment