
Much better now... at least I'm not upside down to be sure. I'm on my feet with an uncooperative stomach, but no major convalescing anymore. I'm eating more than toast and cereal, so that's progress too.
If you're wondering... yes - that was THE best chicken broth I have EVER tasted in my life. I will qualify that with the fact that chicken broth perfection is quite subjective I'd say. But for my taste, she hit the nail right on the head. It was beautiful. Yum. I'm not quite happy with what I put in it - too many noodles and things. It needed to be just little bits of chicken and that's all; or perhaps some crepes. If you decide to make the recipe, be advised that it made very little. I am feeding men, and I did put in egg noodles, but I'd say we only got 7 or 8 bowls full out of it.
So, what have been musing about lately... ? Birds. I love the birds. I believe I'm up to 6 bird feeders of various kinds now. They faithfully flock around all day, singing their songs, fighting over their place on the perch. Standing at the kitchen window, the rising sun on my face, listening to their songs is about my favorite place to be. My daughter can tell you how many dark days in the past that got me through. I look at them now and see them as a gift from God - a promise of hope, a lifeline, something sent right outside my window, a message telling me it would all be okay.
This week as I watch them, what continues to be impressed upon me is how they do just keep coming to the feeders day after day, devouring what's there, trusting it will be there. Somehow I've been thinking that ought to be what I look like with God's word. It's always there; I don't have to ask him to refill it, or please make sure it's there when I get up. It just is. I can come and eat any time I want. But I wonder if I've ever looked like those birdies when I come to take in the word? So hungry. And their songs of praise. They sing so happily and so perpeptually; sometimes I think they're singing the praises that others refuse to sing. They do a good job of it. Do I wake up singing, hardly able to contain my praises? I think if my thoughts were truly of Him, who He is, and what He's done for me... instead, perhaps of my grocery list, and how I don't want to get up, and the messes I don't want to clean... I WOULD be praising Him. All of the time.
I had no way today to put these thoughts into eloquent terms; they were just bouncing around in my head as I watched out the window this week. Perhaps it'll make some sense to you when you read, or maybe not. Be hungry for His word, either way. Feast at His table, and let His praises be continually in your mouth. In this we obey and glorify Him.

3 comments:
Thank YOU for your words today :-) They are eloquent enough for me. ;) Yes, I do know how the birdies have been so happy and helpful~ I heard them this morning and they made me happy. :) I love you so.
Thank you for this good reminder, sis. I love to watch the birds and think on the Father's care--He is so worthy of all our trust and praise. It's a joy to read about God's mercies, here, today. Your soup sounds marvelous. Can't wait to try the recipe! Jesus bless you.
Love, Melissa
Hi Miss Elsa!
I love your blog...it is so Godward and encouraging. Keep it coming, please!!
I love you so, and think of you everytime I play with my stuffed birds. "Birgie! Birgie! Birgie!"
Post a Comment