Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm just sayin'

I'm not here to comment on any particular thing going on in my life. I've pretty much kept you all up to date on life's comings and goings around here lately. I don't have anything profound to say about those things you already know, either; no great commentary on my life.

I just want to say that God Is Good. So very good. We say that - often. So often and so easily, that I confess, even to me, it sounds rather light and cliche'. But when is the last time you sat and truly meditated on the many attributes of Almighty God? It ought to be more than you can wrap your mind around; an activity that leads you to your knees. It is at times an intellectual act - something you really have to use your brain - the best and strongest intellect you've got to try and understand all that God truly is.... so above and beyond all of us. Yet we cannot remove our hearts or emotions from this deeply personal and truly caring God either, can we? Somewhere in there, it behooves us to find the middle ground, and KNOW GOD for who and all that He is, with all that He made us to be. He is perfectly righteous and Holy. He is, in a word,... good. :-)

1 comment:

Michal said...

Amen, Mother Dearest. :-) The very same thing came back to me yesterday as I read Romans 1-3, then read through Philippians at our tiny Bible study. God's grace extends so far that we are rescued from universal, ungrateful sin... and His love is so great that He welcomes us into the adoption as sons. :)
Keep writing, and keep us posted on life at home... I miss it :)